Are you looking for a fun and affordable way to decorate your child’s nursery? A DIY cloud mobile will take your child off to dreamland as they gaze up at its smiling face and dangling raindrops. This fun mobile is easy to make and will be adored by your child. It’s a great way to add colour to your child’s nursery - we've chosen a neutral colour for the cloud and traditional blue for the rain drops but you could get creative and choose any colours that match the theme of your nursery. This nursery mobile looks great above the Mocka Amalfi or Aspiring Cot.
1. Sheets of felt in an assortment of colours
2. 1 sewing needle
10. Hot glue gun
11. Glue sticks
1. Draw a cloud on a piece of paper and cut it out.
2. Pin the paper cloud shape to two sheets of felt and then cut around the shape.
3. Thread your needle and tie a knot at the end of the thread.
4. Begin sewing around the edges of the felt but leave a gap for the stuffing to be inserted.
5. Push stuffing into the cloud until it is full and then finish sewing the edges together.
6. Draw raindrops on a piece of paper and cut them out.
7. Pin the paper to two sheets of felt and then cut around the shapes.
8. Thread your needle and tie a knot at the end of the thread.
9. Begin sewing around the edges of the felt remembering to leave a gap for the stuffing.
10. Push stuffing into the raindrops and then sew the remaining edges together.
11. Take one raindrop and sew the top of it to a piece of string.
12. Take the top of the string attached to the raindrop and sew it to the bottom of another raindrop.
13. Repeat this process until you have a few raindrops in a row separated by string.
14. Sew the raindrops to the bottom of the cloud.
15. Sew some thread to the top of the cloud and make a loop for hanging.
16. Then cut out from pink and black felt some pink cheeks and a smiling face
17. Attach the cheeks and face to the cloud using your hot glue gun.