Bookshelves are one of the most interesting items of furniture you can buy for your home. The right bookshelf will be practical for your needs and can look very appealing if used to complement the room. However, with so many different models to choose from, buying the right one can be confusing. So, here is a quick buyer’s guide to help you select a bookshelf for your home.
To help you choose the ideal bookshelf for your home, you should consider each of the following points carefully before deciding.
Bookshelves come in several different materials, each one offering different benefits. Keep in mind that materials like wood veneer and plywood are more cost-effective, whereas other metals and hardwoods can be expensive - so consider your budget.
How much space do you really have? It’s not worth buying a bookshelf that is simply too big and gets in the way of your day-to-day life, regardless of how beautiful it is! Make you consider both vertical and horizontal bookshelf options.
What is it for?
Think about the main purpose of your bookshelf and what will be sitting on it. Bookshelves are not just a great way to hold books, but also other ornaments, plants and documents.
There are a lot of bookshelves available to buy, so be selective about any features you would like yours to include. For example, some customers like their bookshelf to include doors for both practical & aesthetic reasons.
In order to properly pair your bookshelf with your home decor, you need to consider some of the following points.
• What materials is the surface of the shelves made from? As mentioned, bookshelves can come in hardwood, softwood and metal. Choose hardwoods for a more classical feel and metal for a modern, contemporary look.
• What are the colour schemes? You should ensure that the chosen colours of your bookshelf work well with other major colour schemes in your chosen room, notably the wall colour and other furniture.
• What sort of items will you be placing on the bookshelf? Make sure they match up with the bookshelf itself.
• How much room do you have? A large cumbersome bookshelf will do little to add nice design to your home - make sure you measure carefully.
Bookshelves are great for kids rooms, as they not only look great but are practical as well. They can be used to quickly organise all of your child’s toys, games and reading books. Also, when you buy a bookshelf for your child you should think practicality - you don't want them reaching up high to get something off the top shelf, so choose one that is low standing and easy for them to keep clean as well.
• Stack your books and objects with care and organise it properly from the get-go
• Use book stoppers to keep books ordered and in their correct position
• In a busy home, objects will be placed on the bookshelf all the time so declutter it regularly
• Consider buying a bookshelf with adjustable shelves that can then fit all of your books or objects properly
You can get started on finding the perfect bookshelf for your home by checking out all of the products we offer here at Mocka. They are all built with high-quality materials and are designed to look modern and sleek in any room of your home. If you have any questions or need help finding the right bookshelf, please contact our friendly team today!
Shop the 'gram
Tag @mockanz with your styled shots and you could be featured on our pages!