Do your kids love to get creative and make special presents for their friends and relatives? Crayon art is a fun, engaging and creative activity that your child can do. It’s easy to make and your kids will love the bright colours and fun patterns the melted crayons make on the canvas. This craft activity is a great way to get your kids excited about going back to school. Once finished they can hang their new artwork up on their wall to inspire them throughout the year.
What you will need:
- White canvas frame
- PVA glue or craft glue
- Hair dryer
- Lay down on the table all of your crayons in the order that you would like them on your canvas.
- Pick up your first crayon and place a line of glue along the back of the crayon and then place it onto the top of the frame with the pointed end facing down. Repeat this process until you have glued all of your crayons to your canvas.
- Once the glue has dried, lay some newspaper on the ground outside near a power point.
- Prop your canvas against the wall ensuring the crayons are at the top.
- Turn your hair dryer on and begin blowing the hot air onto the crayons. The hot air will begin to melt the crayons causing the colour to run down the canvas.
- Keep blowing the hot air on the crayons until you are happy with the amount of colour that has run from the crayons.
- Leave out to dry overnight.
Your kids will love showing their friends their vibrant, homemade artwork. Hang it up on their bedroom wall or prop it up against a wall on their desk or side table.