Fun craft activities are great for entertaining children and for keeping their busy little hands and minds active.Homemade sun catchers are a bright, fun and beautiful activity that you can help your children to make.
Your children will love making their very own sun catchers and will enjoy the finished results of this activity. These homemade sun catchers also make great gifts that your children would love to wrap up and give to their friends and family. They also work well as an alternative to a traditional mobile in a baby's nursery and this is a lovely way to get big brothers or sisters involved with the new baby.
What you will need:
- Bag of transparent plastic beads
- Non-stick muffin tin
- Colourful wool
- Hand drill
- Turn your BBQ on or oven to 220 degrees. Only use your oven if it is positioned in a well-ventilated area.
- Get your child to place a layer of beads in each hole in the muffin tin.
- Place the muffin tin in the BBQ/oven.
- After 10 minutes check to see if the beads have melted. If they have melted completely take them out of the BBQ/oven and place the muffin tin on a wire rack to cool down.
- Once the melted beads have cooled down they should easily pop out of the muffin tin.
- Use your hand dill to make a hole in the top and bottom if desired.
- Get your children to thread their chosen coloured wool through the holes and tie a knot to secure it in place.
- Your children can now decorate their coloured sun catchers with wool tassels and extra beads.
Your children will love hanging their sun catchers near a window in their bedrooms or outside in a tree. They will love looking at the coloured light that is reflected from their homemade sun catchers.
Get your children participating in fun and easy craft activities on the weekend. They are not only enjoyable for your children, they will also help to develop and improve your children’s fine motor skills.