Craft activities can be a great way to teach your children about the importance of recycling and also upcycling. Teaching your kids how to create fun objects and toys out of household recycling products can help to spark their imaginations and teach them new skills. There is no better time to spur their creative imaginations than the start of the year before they head back to school. Mocka’s fun DIY Tin Can Pencil holders will have them eager to get back to school and keep their activity station or desk neat at the same time!
- Tin cans in various sizes – cleaned and ensure that any sharp edges are removed by an adult
- Colourful paper – this can be bought from a discount shop, scrapbooking shop or in the craft section in department stores
- Any ribbons or embellishments
- Remove the label off the tin
- Measure the tins height, mark that onto your paper and cut to the measurement
- Glue the back side of the paper and warp the paper around the tin
- Use ribbons and chosen embellishments to decorate your tin
TIP – If you have made multiple tin can pencil holders you can group them together by tying some decorative string or ribbon around them. DIY Pencil Holders make a fun back to school activity for your children. They not only look great but they can help your child to keep their belongings tidy while learning the importance of recycling and upcycling.