Mocka love to see children learning and what better way to learn then through hands on fun.
Easter is a great way to encourage your children to get creative either with arts and craft or in the kitchen baking yummy treats. With only three weeks until the Easter bunny arrives it’s time to look at different ways that you can have fun in the kitchen with your children.
Mocka's Easter Basket Treats are fun and easy to make. In under 20 minutes you can enjoy a delicious Easter treat with your child.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Bubble cereal
- ¾ Cup Coconut
- Green Food Coloring
- Mini Easter eggs
Step 1 – Making the green grass for the Easter baskets
- Place coconut in mixing bowl and add a few drops green food coloring.
- Stir until color is evenly distributed.
- Set aside.
Step 2 – Making the Easter baskets
- Melt butter in large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Add marshmallows and toss to coat.
- Microwave 45 seconds and stir and then microwave an additional 45 seconds until marshmallows are melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add Rice Bubbles cereal.
- Stir until well coated.
- Using 2 greased spoons, scoop Rice Bubbles mix into greased muffin tray filling each muffin cup to the top and using the spoons to form a divet in the center.
- Use your hands to further mold the basket's center and form it nicely.
Step 3 – Filling your Easter baskets
- Fill your Easter baskets with green coconut.
- Top with mini Easter eggs.
Recipe from Must Have Mom