Christmas is a fun time of the year to spend making memories with your children. You can make a beautiful Christmas star garland to hang up in your home or on the Christmas tree. It is easy to make and you will enjoy spending time with your children creating some beautiful Christmas decorations for your home. You can even encourage your children to make them as gifts for their grandparents, friends and relatives.
- Coloured, glitter or pattern cardboard
- One piece of paper or cardboard
- Hole puncher
- Sticky tape
- Mark out a star on a piece of paper or cardboard using your ruler and pencil. To make it easier, you can make a star template first and then trace around the outside of it.
- Mark out your stars on the cardboard and cut them out.
- Lay out your stars with the back facing up and mark out on two of the points where you would like place a hole.
- Using your hole puncher carefully punch a hole where you have marked your cardboard.
- Cut a long piece of string and then begin threading your stars through in a pattern that you like.
- Lay your garland flat with the backs of the stars facing up. Take a small piece of sticky tape and place it over the string to secure the stars in place.
- Once all of your stars are secure, flip your garland over and hang it up against a wall or on your Christmas tree.
You and your children will enjoy making this easy and fun Christmas star garland. You can mix and match the colours to match your Christmas décor in your home. Your children will love showing off their craft activities to all of their visitors during the Christmas holidays.